Generations In Faith Together
Sunday Mornings from 10:15-10:55
The goal of GIFT is to help members of all ages (preschool-adult) in our congregation build a personal relationship with Christ while building relationships with one another.
- First Sunday of the Month: GIFT of (story or topic)
- “Stations” in Community Room with a focus on a Bible Story or topic
- Individuals/Families can move around the stations at their own pace or to match their interest. The same stations may be offered multiple times to give enough opportunity to experience all of them.
- Incorporate Art, Music, Drama, Science, Storytelling, Games (Recreation), Bible Skills, and Cooking.
- Second Sunday of the Month: GIFT of Stories
- Invite a member of the St. John’s community to “share their story” of their Faith journey with children, youth and adults.
- A list of 5-6 questions will be provided to guide the story and discussion.
- This can create an environment for great discussion and deepening of relationships across all ages.
- Third Sunday of the Month: GIFT of (story or topic)
- Fourth Sunday of the Month: GIFT of Fellowship
- “Family Time” in Fellowship Hall
- May include Conversation cards/Questions/Talking points/Holy Hilarity
- Fifth Sunday of the Month: GIFT of Mission
- Mission Activities
- October 2017, December 2017, April 2018, July 2018
Calling All Readers !!
It is not necessary to have gotten the whole book read in order to come be a part of the discussion. Each session is independent of others, so folks are welcome on a "come and go" basis whenever they can make it. Light refreshments are served.
Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:00pm – 8:30 pm
September: A Hope More Powerful Than the Sea: the Journey of Doaa Al zamel: One Refugee's incredible Story of Love, Loss, and Survival by Melissa Fleming
Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:00pm – 8:30 pm
October: Becoming Ms. Burton: From Prison to Recovery to Leading the Fight for Incarcerated Women, by Susan Burton
Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:00pm – 8:30 pm
November: Amish Grace: How Forgiveness Transcended Tragedy by Kraybill, Nolt, and Weaver Zercher
Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:00pm – 8:30 pm
Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:00pm – 8:30 pm
Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:00pm – 8:30 pm
Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:00pm – 8:30 pm
Mon May 21, 2018 7:00pm – 8:30 pm